Sunday, April 1, 2012

A gentle reminder....


Happy April!!!  This is my very favorite month of the year!!! 
And I am not fooling!

It is such a busy month for our family, but it brings some amazing days to celebrate too!
  The boys' birthday is just days away and then seven days later comes our anniversary.  There are lots of fun times and memories to make in April for our family.

But there is one event that is far more important, Easter, the resurrection of Christ.

He suffered and died for YOU and me!  And this year I am starting a new tradition leading up to Easter.

First let me tell you how I learned about this wonderful idea. Last Saturday at a ladies tea at our church, a friend shared something she does every year to remind her of what Christ did for us.

See the thorns in with the white flowers below?

Every year around spring she places a Mesquite tree branch in with her flowers as a reminder of what Jesus did for us. 


I immediately fell in the love with the idea.  And just had to do the same.   

I love the simple, gentle reminder that it gives me daily as I walk past the flowers.


I choose white flowers to remind me He washed away my sins and made me clean.

Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Isaiah 1:18

For so many people Easter Sunday is just another day on the calendar to have a nice dinner.  Maybe for some it is the only day they go to church.  Many folks make it an entire weekend party with family and friends.  Some travel to visit family.  And there is always the Easter egg hunts on Saturday and Sunday for the kids.  


But, Easter is much more than just ONE day.  It is that ONE day our family sets aside a special time to celebrate what our faith is made of.


So this year I decided to make this a new tradition for us.  It is something simple during this busy month for me.  But it is something we can all see on the table and think about what our Lord and Savior did for us.


And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe.  John 19:2

2 comments:

championm2000 said...

Beautiful.

Heather Nelsen said...

What a great idea! I love that! Thanks for your sweet comment on the post about my mom. And we definitely are SO similar! April is my favorite month of the whole year too! Happy Easter, birthdays, and anniversary to you guys!!