Thursday, February 24, 2011

Speekee TV Review




Hola, soy Tasha(Hello, I'm Tasha). The people (Jim) at Speekee TV—an online Spanish Language Course aimed at young children, contacted me to try out their new Spanish language web application designed to teach children how to speak Spanish.  I was a little hesitant at first because we already do so much with school.  It looked as if the boys would need to know how to read.  They are learning, but are not there yet. I thought it might be fun so I went ahead and said we would review it.

Yesterday after our regular school lessons we started with Speekee TV.  We LOVED it!!!  Yes, it would help if the boys knew how to read, but I sat with them stopping the video and discussing the words. 
We are learning Spanish!!!  Y tu?(And you?)



There are 10 videos(lessons)you can choose from.  Such as.......el parque (the park) , el jardin (the garden), la playa (the beach), etc. and Speekee, a purple little puppet, starts talking and singing in Spanish while a group of children perform all sorts of things behind him to illustrate what he is saying.

Speekee TV is an online subscription that gives you access to 10 episodes of the Speekee program, as well as learning worksheets to go with each episode.  It costs $7.50 a month and the first two weeks are free.


"Hablo espanol, hablo espanol".....this has a cute little tune with it that I could NOT get out of my head all day long!  I even heard Matthew singing during the day......in case you are curious about Ryan....he just does not sing.
 We only did one lesson yesterday about el parque (the park).  They wanted to do more, but I am going to try to take this slow and easy.  I think we can all learn a little Spanish if we take it slow.    All day I could hear the boys trying to say words they had learned from Speekee.  It was basically a fun video that kept the boys attention.  Because we do not watch much TV in our home this was perfect for them.  A real treat with learning. 

We all three had lots of FUN and can't wait to keep working on our Spanish next week! 
Thank you Speekee and Jim.......it is Fantastico!


{Disclaimer: I received free access to Speekee TV to enable this review. All opinions presented herein are my own.}

No comments: