Friday, January 20, 2012

A special ball of yarn

A speical ball of yarn to bless a friend or loved one.

I first saw this idea last year on a blog I follow, Homespun Heart . Monica has a true gift!  A true gift from God! 

I loved her idea and kept it locked away in my head knowing one day I would use it.

Right now was the perfect time!

I have a friend who is going through some life changing times right now.....hard times.  I knew she might need a little encouragement and to know God is loving her through it all.

Here is what I did...........

All of this I had in my stash.  A tin heart, brown yarn, scrapbook paper and ribbon.  You could use any color combo you want or love.  And you could easily make a heart out of scrapbook paper.

I wrote the words above on scrapbook paper and cut them out.  Then I slowly started wrapping the heart with yard.


After I had a little yarn around the heart I started adding the words. 

I wrapped and wrapped yarn until it came out a ball and looked like this.

I then made a card to put with the ball of yarn.  I don't have a picture of the card, but I typed out what I wanted it to say and applied it to brown scrapbook paper.

Here is part of what it said..................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friend,
I know this is a tough time right now in your life. I wanted you to know I am praying for you. And to give you a little something to show God is there.
It is a little ball of yarn, but deep inside, all the way in the middle, there is a heart. Your heart. You can hold this little ball in your hand and remember that God holds you just like this and He surrounds your heart with comfort and protection.
When you are starting to feel like you are coming apart, feel free to unwrap the yarn. You can wrap it and unwrap it as many times as you want. Inside you will find reminders of what God surrounds you with and wraps your heart with.
~His love, his comfort, his peace, his strength, his hope and his grace.
And, seeing your name on the outside - may it remind you that He holds you and surrounds you. He wraps Himself around you and provides you with everything good. I hope this does not seem trite in your time of hurt and struggle. But, instead - a tangible reminder of who God is. The way He holds you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you can also take Monica's wonderful idea and bless a friend or loved one with a special ball of yarn.

Happy Friday!!!!

No comments: