Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Taco Seasoning

To follow my new year goal of living more simple I wanted to share another homemade recipe.  This is a DIY taco seasoning.  Making things homemade can be a lot of work for me, but I feel so much better after they are done.  And this homemade taco seasoning is so easy so not much work on this one.

Taco night is a favorite in our home.  Well I guess it is more like tacos and burritos.  It is fun, easy, quick and healthy, depending on how you make them.  And now it can be even healthier with homemade taco seasoning. 
We started making our own taco seasoning about a year ago. You can throw this together in minutes using ingredients you probably already have on hand. The result has the same  a better flavor as the stuff from the packet, but without all that nasty sodium. No need to buy the packets ever again! 
We use this in all kinds of recipes with ground meat to achieve that Mexican food taste.



Taco Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder   
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all together in a bowl.  Store in an airtight container.

It just does not get any easier then that!!

I always double the recipe to make sure I have plenty on hand.  When adding to meat I have no idea how much we use.  I would assume about 2 tablespoons.  

Now go make some tacos!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! It is more work to do things homemade, but the results are so worth it!!! Thanks for a great recipe.

Blissful & Domestic said...

Looks great . Love all the homemade goodness you're doing:)