Monday, March 4, 2013

A week {in an Instagram}




1. Here comes the sun and I say it's alright.....inside our humble little shed waits our tender little plants. Spring is oh so near and gardening days will not come soon enough for me.  Bring on warm weather!  Yes PLEASE!!!!

2. Having fun with new Dr. Seuss books!


3. This was day one in my paperless kitchen.  Future post to come if we make it a month.
On day four now and doing just fine.


4. Fridays are for homemade pizza......Hawaiian style this past Friday.  And a cold beer. I am always looking for new toppings.....please share your favorites!


5. Little boys need to work!  And have a tool in hand to pick up a craft for later in life.  I have no doubt they will know and be as handy as their Daddy.


6.  Johnny Cakes with authentic apple butter.  These were part of our history lesson last week. Very common during George Washington's time.  And although they are sorta like a pancake, they were not at all good to the boys. 


7. Lemon balm.  An interesting herb that my SIL sent me home with on Saturday.  We made lemon balm tea. One of Lemon Balm’s key medicinal qualities is as a tranquilizer. It did not knock me out, but it did relax me for sure.  This may be a great tea to drink while teaching two little boys how to finally tie their shoes!!!!!! (please do not judge) #2 never wears shoes to begin with and #1 always wears some sort of boot. 



8. Pure goodness.  Steel cut oats with fresh blueberries.

1 comment:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I'm ready for warmer weather too! Love the beer choice! I remember giving my son nails and a board to keep him occupied! Fun entertainment for boys! We love Johnnycakes and I make spicy ones to go with our jambalaya! My sister has never bought a roll of paper towels in her life...I don't know how she does it!