Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Books for Children

Every year I try to add a new book to the boys' collection of Easter books. This year I made up for some forgotten years. Aren't books grand?


Some old, some new.
 

Some books I can remember reading to them when they were little boys sitting in my lap. I cherish those books.  And we still read them.  They think some are babyish now, but we still read them. Through the years some have been given to the boys.  Some are religious and some are just about bunnies.

Easter being the most important Christian holiday I find it crucial to add something solid about what this holiday truly means.

These new books did just that.  They are GREAT!  And I highly recommend them.



The First Easter by Carol Heyer



The Legend of the Easter Egg by Lori Walburg



The Light of the World by Katherine Paterson

What are some of your children's favorite Easter books? 

2 comments:

Heather Nelsen said...

Thanks so much for the recommendations! We're having my family over for Easter this year- I think I may get two of these for our nephews! I love your tradition of getting a new book each year... I'd love to do that when we have kids! Hope you're doing well this week, Tasha!

~Heather

Tasha said...

Thanks Heather. I think you will love the books too. Happy hUMp day sweet lady. Behind on your blog....headed there now.