Monday, August 12, 2013

Apron Hugs and Baby Silverware

Almost six months ago I took this sweet picture of number 2 hugging me while I was getting supper ready.

Note the long hair-SO cute!
And just three weeks ago I captured the same picture with number 1 needing a hug from Momma before supper.

Note the tired eyes.

Thus my creation of Apron Hugs.  I hope they never grow too big to need an "apron hug" from their Momma while she cooks supper.  Maybe they should be called "supper hugs".  They are the best!  The boys are usually hungry, cranky and a little tired and need to hang hug their Momma.  I am happy to stop whatever I am doing to get a quick hug.

After taking this picture of Ryan I knew I had to have them both framed and near my aprons.  I also had been wanting to do something with their first silverware set-a fork and spoon.

With leftover fabric from that apron and some amazing frames from my grandmother I created this.



I absolutely LOVE this little arrangement in my kitchen.  It is a little crowded, but I love walls crammed with love.  I am not that crazy about the two pictures together though.  I may reorder and have each hug picture in it's own frame.  For now I'll keep it up so I can see those sweet faces and remember those warm apron hugs.

2 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh how sweet! Reminds me of the "pocket kisses" I gave my kids to have for long school days. Love that you hang on to their baby silverware! It's so nice to see my grandson using his fathers when he visits!

tiffiny said...

What sweet moments you captured! I love the arrangement.