Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Out of the Wreck I Rise

Stunned and excited!  Sans the make-up

A couple of months ago I came across a blog that I instantly fell in love with.  I wasn't looking for a blog at the time, but the leather cuffs this blog writer makes and sells in her Etsy shop.  Much to my dismay I learned her shop was closed at the time.  BUT I also learned it would reopen in September!  So I settled to learn more about this blogger.  She quickly captured me with her adventures, love of our Heavenly Father, her style and obsessive picture taking.

Becky Strahle of Farmgirl Paints is one super talented woman.  She paints, is funny, loves to thrift shop, has an amazing positive attitude, a tremendous wit and makes some super rocking leather cuffs! 

Oh the cuffs.

When I saw the cuffs I knew I had to have one.  These leather cuffs without a doubt are my style.  They are inspirational word cuffs.  I love inspirational words.  Little reminders to help me in life.  Little reminders to encourage me at any given time.  I needed a cuff!  And I needed words to wear!  OK wanted. 

So I started following her blog in hopes to find out the exact date she would reopen her Etsy shop.  It seemed quite fitting she would reopen during my birthday month!  So thus my birthday gift was born.  Brant was fine with me picking out my own gift.  Especially one like this with wording I would wear on my wrist.

After thinking about what I would order the words came to me.  Words I have been reading for a few years now.  Words I refer to often during trials of life. 

Her shop opened on September 3rd and I placed my order in less than 5 minutes.  You might say I was super excited to order my cuff.  Becky was great to work with!  And so kind when I totally forgot to order the "blank".  The blank is the silver plate the wording is hand stamped on.  She emailed me back and I picked out a blank and the order was made. 

Yesterday a little package came in the mail.  I was so excited to see "Farmgirl Paints" on the envelope.  I quickly opened the package to find the cutest little bag and card.


I opened the bag and there it was.....my leather cuff.  Of course I instantly put it on and was like a little kid (see picture above).

LOVE!
Isn't it amazing!  Don't you want to order one with your own custom wording?!  Well if you do you better act fast.  Becky's shop will close today.  She is an occasional shop.  Because she hand picks her supplies and each item is handmade it takes time to restock.  She will be closed for October and reopen in November for 10 days.  So act fast TODAY!  Or start thinking about the wording and google "Farmgirl Paints leather cuffs".  You'll get tons of ideas.  She also has ideas on her blog.  Link above.  Click HERE to go to her Etsy shop while it is still open.

You can find out more about the wording for my cuff here.

2 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What a beautiful bracelet and she packaged it equally as beautifully!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

How cool! I'd say you chose wisely!