Friday, July 23, 2010

8AM-Joys of being a Mom

My 8AM joy today is more about the little things the boys say, but it is pure JOY none the less.
Yesterday I made blueberry muffins.  By last night there were 2 left. The boys devoured them!! Ryan wanted more, but I insisted we save the last 2 for Daddy.  Well Brant never ate them last night so this morning they were fair game.
When I offered them to the boys for breakfast Ryan immediately ran to the kitchen.  But my sweet, tender hearted Matthew said, "Wait a minute.......I want to save one for Daddy." Oh that just melts my heart.  I just knew Ryan would also want to give his muffin to Daddy.  I asked Ryan and without hesitation he said, "NO!"  A boy who knows what he wants.

OK, have you ever done something that you regret?  We all have and usually learn from it......I hope.
Well thanks to Money Saving Mom, http://moneysavingmom.com/, I have been on a kick to save money by using coupons.  I had this great idea to change from my current  hair color(that I have been using for over TWO YEARS!)to a new one because of this great coupon that would save me $5.  I am already saving because I think it is crazy to pay someone to color my hair when I can do it just fine.  Well, until last night.  Anyway what I mistake.  As it was processing I could clearly see this was not going to be my usual light brown color.  Not even close.  Brant was gone, but the boys were here.  Warning: FIVE year old boys are very observant!
I wash the color out, blow dry my hair and am freaking out.  I come out of the bathroom and Ryan says,
"Your hair is RED!"  Then Matthew says, "Its.....kinda orange with rainbows."
Well GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!  I have red and orange hair with RAINBOWS!!!!!!!
I am not paying money to have it redone so I am going to play it off as if I did it on purpose.  I do like change after all.  It really is not all that bad, but I could have done without the comments from the boys.  Talk about a complex!  Gotta love the things your little boys say.  One of the many JOYS of being a Mom!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: