Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My bucket runneth over

 
Acorns are FALLING!
Watch your head.....they are falling.  I have been collecting them and my bucket is getting pretty full.  The big ones are from our Burr Oak.  And just last week discovered the Red Bud had a few this year.  You might be able to see them in this picture towards the bottom....just a few.  They are a precious little acorn, but I still LOVE the big ones.  After the weather we had yesterday I am sure I will find more this morning. 
It was a delightful Fall day.
Delightful Fall day: highs in the 60s, windy and rainy. 
I read once acorns appear only on adult trees, and thus is a symbol of patience and the fruition of long, hard labor.
I am thankful for the adult tree's patience and hard labor that makes my bucket runneth over.
BTW, I think its time for a bigger bucket. 

1 comment:

Grace Notes said...

Tasha, I wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed your site. Wow on being a homeschooling mom (one of my sisters-in-law does that with 4 under 9) -- I know that takes a lot of HARD work!

And your blog about your cup running over was enjoyable. Go get a bigger bucket and let God fill it up! :-)

I love seeing other women who share their faith and testimony on their blogs. I look forward to reading future posts.