Saturday, June 4, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday-Chicken Salad Pie

Oh boy is this good!!!  It has been around in our family for years now.  It is a pie that was served at a tearoom that me and my two sisters all worked at growing up.  From that fun place we were blessed with many fabulous recipes.
This pie is scrumptious!

My sister, Alicia, served it last Saturday night at a party she had. Everyone at the party raved about it! I had totally forgot how good it was and that first bite took me back. It is on my list of meals for this next week.

This paired with a salad would be great!  Hope you get a chance to make it.  I think you will be glad you did.  Let me know.

Chicken Salad Pie:
2 c. diced chicken                               
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 c pecans(optional)
1 1/2 c celery, chopped
1/2 c cheese, shredded
1 c potato chips, crushed
9-inch baked pie shell

In a large bowl mix chicken, onion, pecans, celery and cheese.  Set aside and make the dressing.

Dressing:
1 1/2 c mayonnaise
1 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon pepper

Combine dressing ingredients and pour over other ingredients; mix.  Pour into the pie shell and top with crushed potato chips.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

YUM! 

No comments: