Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thanksgiving books for children

Yes it is that time already!!!

Do you realize Thanksgiving is less than a month away?!?!  I can smell the turkey and cornbread dressing as I type.

Most of my decorations have been out, but I wait until November 1st for my Pilgrim, Indians and our Thankful Acorn (post coming soon for that).  But all the Thanksgiving books are out and ready to read.

In the boys' room I was able to create a nice little reading area.  And on the chair I sat a basket just for those seasonal/theme books. 



The basket will make many trips to the living room over the next few weeks.  Or on a bed as we sit and read together the books of the season.........Thanksgiving!!!!  In the past week the boys have taken these books out to read at bedtime.   

Nothing like reading in bed to settle a little one down before they turn off their lamp and drift away to those sweet dreams.



Here are our favorites. 




Do you have a favorite? Maybe it is one we don't have.  I would love to get the boys a new one this year.  Leave me a comment and tell me your family's favorite.

3 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

How fun! I need to find a few of these for my Grandson!

Renee said...

A Thanksgiving Story in Vermont 1852 by Jeff Barth is wonderful for young ones. It is out of print, so may be hard to find.

championm2000 said...

I love the idea of a basket with seasonal books that can easily be moved to the rocking chair!

I just bought Em and Drew the Biscuit the Dog fall books. After reading the Easter one yesterday, I thought it was time.