Friday, March 22, 2013

FUN Friday-Spring Favorites 2013

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

We have been enjoying the past three days off from school.  Our little spring break if you will.  Slow mornings are great for all of us. 

After making plans and nothing going as planned I am not even going to talk about our FUN Friday.  The FUN today is sharing my SPRING favorites. 

And it just might lead to some FUN for you.  All these goodies will give you a reason to go shopping.  So let's get started.

It is no secret turquoise is my favorite color.....at least it has been for a while now.  And many shades of blue for that matter. But recently coral and or orange have caught my eye.  And the two together, blues and oranges, look so fresh for spring. BOLD colors are the thing this season. 



As well as color blocking.  OH I LOVE color blocking!!!




I like to dress in solid colors so mixing bold bright colors would be super easy.  And wouldn't a color block purse or clutch be FUN!!!!





OPI-Cajun Shrimp
This has been a long time spring favorite for me.  And I usually keep it in reserve specifically for this time of year.  It is an orange-coral color.  It makes gives a nice POP of color on winter-white toes.  And FYI looks great in the summer months on warm-tan toes.  I can't wait to see my Cajun Shrimp toes in sand!!!!





L'Oreal Lip Balm-Caramel Comfort
I just recently found this and I love this stuff!  It is perfect for spring.  With no liner of course.  Feels great and does not have "that taste".  The taste that so many balms and lipstick have that cause my throat to feel itchy.....allergies.  It has a little shine for the time you dress up.  And when I just want to lightly color my lips I simply kiss a tissue to get some shine off. 




Statement sunglasses are suppose to very trendy this spring. I typically have stopped buying trendy clothes, but accessories are where I like to have FUN!!!  I noticed all the trendy styles last weekend at Target.  It was a flash back to the 80s with all the bold colors.  I couldn't resist trying many on.  And really would have bought them, but my personal stylist Brant would not let me.  These below are much better than the bold ones at Target and I ab-so-lutely LOVE them! 

A spring favorite indeed...BOLD, colorful necklaces.  Now first of all I am a blue jeans and tshirt girl for just about every day of the week.  I am a stay at home-homeschooling Momma that has no need to get all dressed up daily.  BUT when I do "get dressed" I like to dress up my plain wardrobe with something bold like these FUN necklaces.  With a bold necklace I add simple earrings like gold or silver hoops.





***These two beauty products are always on my spring favorite list.  MUST HAVES for me.
Straight Sexy Hair-Smooth and Protect.  A little goes a long way.  Perfect on sun-kissed hair.

 
And last, but certainly not least...........Xen-Tan.  I get out in the sun more than I should during these warmer months.  But my legs don't always have a chance to get a nice tan.  Xen-Tan is my go to tanner.  It is perfect at giving a nature olive tone to your skin instead of the nasty fake orange most tanners give. 

 
 
So that is it.  My SPRING Favorites for 2013.  Hope you have a great weekend whatever you do......shopping, hanging out at the park, going on a hike, bike riding, planting flowers, having a backyard BBQ, etc.  Whatever you do make sure you spend some time OUTSIDE!!!  It's SPRING!

No comments: