Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Gentle Reminder-2013

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."
                                                              John 3:16-17
 
 
Last year I started a new tradition leading up to Easter.  You can read about it here .  Last year I used a Mesquite tree branch.  That was in North Texas.  There are no Mesquite trees in SE Texas so this year I used a pear tree branch. 

The thorns are a reminder to our family of what Jesus did for us.  


And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe. John 19:2

As I walked past the china cabinet daily I am reminded of what my Lord and Savior had to endure for me.  He did the same for YOU too! 

But that's not all!  Easter is a time to celebrate and rejoice that Jesus Christ rose from the dead! 

And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him.
Mark 16:6

No comments: