Monday, June 10, 2013

Let's Grow

Happy Monday to you.  I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for a new week.

I am excited and a little concerned about this week.  The boys are off to Grow Week-Fine Arts Camp leaving me here alone for four hours (WHAT?!)

While Ryan is learning guitar, piano, film making or woodworking and Matthew is learning art, film making, drama or piano I am not sure what I will be doing.

I really am excited for them.  And they are SO VERY excited.  Each child was to pick their top four requests with one being their top choice.  Those are the first ones I listed.  Ryan's is a given.  And Matthew's is not a surprise AT ALL!  During the week (Monday-Thursday) they will have two breakout sessions. 

I am can't wait to hear all about their first day.  And what sessions they ended up with .

So what am I going to do with my four days?  First of all I am going to enjoy the quiet. Awwww, it will be nice.  As boring as it sounds without four extra feet in the house I am going to mop.  I have never been so excited to mop. And I will volunteer this week at a non-profit organization where my mother is the director. 

And since the boys are growing this week learning something new I decided I would too.  While I have the house to myself without any interruptions I am going to paint.  Not a wall.  Not a piece of furniture.  And not some crafty thing.  I am going to try to paint an abstract painting.  My key is to add color to a certain wall.  I have no idea if this will be a complete failure or something I will indeed have out to share.  BUT I will try and I will grow.



 
 
How will you grow this week?

2 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

What a fun week for you and your boys! They'll be full of stories when they return from camp each day. How fun! And, I love that you'll simply enjoy the quiet and will try and paint something. I hope you'll share pictures!

Tasha said...

They had a blast yesterday! And yes, full of stories. Pictures? Maybe. :)