Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Memories-Little Things

What will we remember from this summer? 
 
I hope to remember the little things.  I know the boys will.  Countless times they will talk about "little moments" of past years that I have totally forgotten about!    
 
This summer I hope to savor the moments and look at them differently.  I want to stop and think about the little things.  And you know me, the pathological picture taker, I will try to capture each moment in a picture.
 
Feet walking on wet sand....it never grows old.
 
Little boys riding waves.
The feel of sand-mud. 
Arms and hands full of treasures.
One eyed sand crabs-the first for the boys to see! 
Fresh seaweed washed ashore.
Small treasures from my love....oh that man!  He makes my heart skip a beat!
Sister time.
Tired little boys.

 
Even if life is good one day and bad the next, savor the little things.  Because really in the big picture they are all that count.  Remembering to savor a moment, to pay attention, to enjoy the little things is essential for my mental and physical health. The ability to allow myself to delight in little things is an essential part of being happy. 

2 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I want to go to the beach! What fun and what great pics1

Blissful & Domestic said...

So true T!