Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving




If you are alive today give thanks.  If you slept in a warm bed last night give thanks.  If you had the privilege of starting your day with coffee and or breakfast give thanks.  If today will consist of preparing for tomorrow give thanks.  If you have a place to eat a Thanksgiving meal give thanks.   

My point...In EVERYTHING (even the bad!) give thanks!  

As you start your day take a few minutes to think of all the many little things you can give thanks for.  
I give thanks because God is Good.  I give thanks because I have walked through dark valleys.  I give thanks because HOPE anchors my heart.  I give thanks because I have made two trips this week to the grocery store...and may have to go again today!  It reminds me I have the privilege, freedom and resources to do so.  But many do not!

What if I slowed down for a moment as I am out and about to notice a stranger.  Maybe even make eye contact and say Hello.  

The holidays are here friends.  And for many they are welcomed with high hopes and excitement.  But for many others they are remembered with a heavy, sad heart.  

Let's give thanks together.  And remember that someone you took the time to make feel alive, important and loved may be giving thanks for YOU.

Give thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: