Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Getting ready for Spring-Part 2

We are still working on getting ready for our Spring gardens.  Yesterday Brant added yet another raised bed to the backyard.  This bed will be for pole beans or other climbing veggies.
He'll add some sort of trellis for the vines to climb, add the dirt and we are set to plant in a couple of weeks.  We have always wanted to add something to that bare wall and this will be perfect. 

Meanwhile I am making plans to add a flower bed to the backyard.  I am excited to plant Hollyhock and a few herbs.

Today me and the boys plan to start planting in pots.  They have been chomping at the bit to go get plants for the patio.  LOVE that about my boys!

We are all very anxious to see GREEN around here! With seven raised beds in the backyard now I am sure to see lots of GREEN this Spring and Summer!!!!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hollyhock is a true cottage gardeners delight. To my disappointment I can not grow them, as I have tried. What beauty you shall enjoy once they bloom!