Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine's Day made simple

It is less than one month away.  I was not even thinking about it until my crafty son ask me when we were going to decorate and make crafts.

We don't go crazy with the decorations, but I do put a few things up for fun.  On Valentine's Day we usually have a party because we always have a party to celebrate a special day.

Right now I don't have a ton of "new" ideas for Valentine's Day, but did want to share a SUPER EASY heart banner.  

WARNING: this is SO easy you just may laugh out loud!!!  Simple and sweet though!

This is ALL you need:
-sisal/twine(or any kind of ribbon, etc. you prefer)
-heart doilies

Determine how long you want your banner to be.  Then cut the twine to size.  Start threading the twine through the doilies like so.

Not cutting anything except the twine!!!  This is SO simple your children can do it!

Ribbon would be pretty, but I love the simple, old look of the twine and the red(faded red to me)heart doilies.  And I love the way it looks on my rustic china cabinet.

It is just enough Valentine's Day decoration for our dining room/school room! At least for now.

Here are last year's Valentine's Day posts:
The Love Tree
Easy Valentine's Day Crafts

5 comments:

Renee said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Cute ♥ and I LOVE your rustic hutch!!! I need to get a few cuties up for Valentines too:)

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple said...

Very cute and simple especially on your buffet!

Kelly said...

so so pretty! I saw something similar on pinterest that was swagged with twinkle lights and it was so simple yet beautiful, I'm thinking of trying it, thanks for sharing:)

Michelle {Fun On A Dime} said...

I actually have some red doilies left over from another project...I'm going to have to do this. So cute!