Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Love Tree

One of my "crafts" for Valentine's Day includes my heart/love trees.  I bought these cute little trees last year and when I saw them I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.  I say craft, but there is really nothing to this. 
Note: If you have been following my blog for any amount of time you know I am all about S I M P L E!

Just one tree for this craft.

Yesterday after school we talked about Valentine's Day.  We talked about how it is a special day to show love to each other.  But I made it perfectly clear you do not need a special day to show your love.
God shows us his love every day!!  I told them the Bible is full of verses that tell of God's love for us. 
So for this "craft" I went through the Bible and found verses about love.  Not only God's love, but love we are to show to one another.

We read the verses, I explained what they meant, cut out hearts, wrote on each heart where they are found in the Bible, punched a hole, added a ribbon and hung them on the tree. That's it! 


And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

 And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Mark 12:33



 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

We love because he first loved us.

1 John 4:19


The little love tree is on our dining room table which also doubles as our school table.  We will continue to add hearts with Bible verses to the tree until Valentine's Day.  In school each day or at supper we will go over the verses, talk about them and thank God for His word.  I love our talks about God's love during a meal.  The Love Tree is also a learning tree. 

3 comments:

Angelia said...

I "love" this love tree. So neat and simple <how I like it too. I had a fleeting thought to make something simular with a bunch of branches we have in a vase. I think I will go with it. I like how happy the boys looked making the hearts for the tree. Hope the next snow can make a snowman. May your fire keep you warm as you wait for sunshine behind the snow clouds. Luv, Angelia

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Tasha, you come up with the neatest stuff ♥ I LOVE the little Love Trees! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas.
Hugs, Kelsey

Tasha said...

Thanks ladies!
Angelia, I love the branch idea in a vase! I had once thought about getting a branch and spray painting it white and adding the hearts. And then found these trees last year.
Stay warm this weekend ladies!