Friday, March 15, 2013

FUN Friday-A Sleepover, Date Night, Crawfish and More!

HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU!!!!

Who is ready for the weekend?  Boy I know I am.  This ridiculous time change has really made our week tough.  It totally throws off our nightly routine.  And after an overly ambitious day in the kitchen yesterday (and last night!),  I am ready to throw in the towel.  

I did however enjoy a  s l o w  morning of reading my new book.  But first a few words about the one I just finished up, One Thousand Gifts. 




Oh I can't tell you how excited I was to start reading it!  I had "heard" so many great things about it.  So many bloggers went on and on about it when it hit the stands a few years ago. And they even started counting their one thousand gifts.  Which BTW I think is a wonderful idea.  When I started reading it I immediately knew it was beautifully written.  But chapter after chapter I begin to grow weary and it soon became harder to read.  I am sure the tomatoes are flying about now, but the entire book is written in this poetic writing of long descriptions and awkward word phrases and metaphors. I had to go days at some points without picking it up.  I found myself more and more distracted by it, but knew I had to finish it.  I did and am glad I read it. She is obviously a poet at heart, but the book didn't read as someone would actually talk in real life. 

So I started my next book today.  And I am loving it.  As my husband said, "Everyone should read at least one Joe Salatin book in their life". You can bet I'll have something to share about this book later!



Oh it feels good to already feel refreshed this morning.  And knowing we have an easy going day ahead.  And the weekend is full of FUN!!!!!  Besides sleeping in tomorrow will be just what our family needed.

Later today the boys are headed out for a sleepover allowing me and my Honey to have a date night.  Our date night will consist of finding some tasty mudbugs!  A little spicy please.



It is crawfish season in these parts and our mouths are watering for some.  We are on a mission, but if all else fails we'll pick up a small bag and have our own little crawfish boil at home. 

And then tomorrow is a special treat for all the fishermen in my life (Brant and Ryan more than Matthew).  The Bassmaster Elite Series has been in town all week.



Crazy they picked this small town, but it is suppose to be some good fishing in the Sabine River.



Brant is in hopes to make it to a weigh in with the boys tomorrow, but there is much more to see and do this weekend with the fishing tournament in town....... Art in the Park, Fireworks Show, Carnival,
Catch and Release Kids Fish Tank, Food, Games, Autographs and Meet the Fishermen and so much more!!

So what FUN are you planning for the weekend?  Whatever you do get outside and enjoy nature.

No comments: