Thursday, September 12, 2013

S'more Krispie Treats

I teased you yesterday with a picture of an afternoon snack I made for the boys to start our new school year off.  I enticed them with this treat along side a basket of books for reading.  Food does wonders!  I am back today to share the recipe.

WARNING: these little treats are dangerous!  At least they are in our home.  If you have fears of this for your abode I suggest you make a pan, be a friendly neighbor and share.  Otherwise enjoy every last morsel!


 
It's funny I have had this recipe in my binder for a while now and seem to have forgotten it was there.  Well, HELLO and happy to find you again!!!

The original recipe I found HERE has been changed up just a tad.  Only because I could not find the requested size bag of marshmallows or box of Golden Grahams Cereal.  I find this often in recipes that are a few years old.  This one is just from last summer, but that shows you how often food makers change their sizes.  Anyhoo lets get on to the recipe.

These are super simple to make and your children (and or handsome husband) will be so happy you took the time to make them. 


S'more Krispie Treats

1 small bag (10.5 oz) mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips-I used mini
12 oz box Golden Graham Cereal
5 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a 9x13 baking pan coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and then add in marshmallows. Stir together until marshmallows have melted and become creamy. Stir in vanilla extract.

Remove from heat. Fold in cereal until all marshmallows and grahams are evenly mixed together. Mix in 3/4 C chocolate chips. Spread mixture into prepared baking pan. Press into pan and sprinkle remaining 1/4 C chocolate chips on top (lightly pressing to make sure they stick). Place into fridge for 10 minutes to cool. Slice into serving pieces (however big or small you want :)  Enjoy!

**I stored them in the fridge.  They just taste better cold to us.  Can't help you with how long they will last stored in the fridge because they were gone by Wednesday.**

Happy Thursday Y'all.  

2 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I was waiting for this!! Love s'mores and pinned this. Amending my shopping list now!! Yummm!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh my heck!! These sound amazing T!!