Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Everything is Coming!


Add a few spices to my pumpkin recipes and I am one happy lady.  Pumpkin Spice is a favorite for me at this time of year.  I will go ahead and apologize now for the next 2-3 months of pumpkin overload here on my blog.  I have many old time favorites, but am always anxious to try new pumpkin recipes.  In fact I did over the weekend and I'll have another one coming up this week.

Saturday we started our pumpkin obsession early in the day.  OK, it may just be my obsession, but my sweet guys do not seem to mind.  After everyone was up we all gathered around in the kitchen to whip up our first batch of homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  It was a joyous occasion as we knew this was just the beginning of many, many more pumpkin flavored treats to come.  The excitement was obvious as we all waited for that first taste of the season.  The smells filled the kitchen and it was more than we could bare.  Oh it did my heart proud to see all my guys taking part of my yearly obsession.  NOTE: I'll be honest, I think I am more excited than anyone else. 


You can find the recipe  here for the yummy homemade PSL.  Starbucks eat your heart out!  A little secret to making this homemade....do not be shy on the sugar.  Must use lots of sugar, real milk and homemade whipped topping.  I am not saying I will not visit Starbucks for a PSL, but I am saying I can make these for a fraction of the cost and whenever my little heart desires one.  :)

Now during this "all things pumpkin" I do realize I will have failures.  Sad, but true. 

On Saturday I went to Pinterest for some new recipes.  I wanted something simple to make later in the day.  Caution-simple is not always best!  I came across this recipe for pumpkin spice cookies which stated only two ingredients.  EPIC FAIL!  If you see it move on.  If you have made it and think they were good cookies tell me why.

I'll stick to tried and true favorites for now.  Unless I have reliable sources for new recipes.  Especially for this weekend.  It will be the first official day of Fall on Sunday.  Yep, you can bet there will be a party going on over here.  And lots of outdoor FALL decorating.  But that is for another post.  I can't wait to share a treasure I was blessed with over the weekend.  It will help with my decorating outdoors. 

For now enjoy your Monday.  Go make a homemade PSL and send me any tried and true pumpkin recipes you adore.  Leave me a comment or send it to leading2forever at gmail dot com.

2 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh you know you don't have to apologize at all for overloading with pumpkin recipes! I'm looking forward to every one! Yay!

Christine said...

I too love all things pumpkin, so I'm happy to see someone else's enthusiasm. I read your blog generally on my phone and can't get to the comments from there. So, know that I'm loving these posts and wishing I could comment on more of them. I also love your birthday treats by the boys. So fun of them!