Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 3......little babies are gone.

I may be a little premature, but I think we are on to something.
First we got rid of bottles. Next was the pacifier. Then we went to potty training. We sure have mastered that. And now we are on day 3 without sippy/straw cups!
No more cups bought from the "baby" department!
The boys are using BIG boy cups. No lid! And I am quite happy to say they are doing well.
They were so use to always having a cup in hand. Brant and I felt it was time to say good-bye to these cups. And it was time for them to ask for a drink when they are thirsty.
So all baby stuff is GONE! Yes it is exciting, but a little sad to say good-bye to the last of the baby stuff.
Someone once told me to hold off on this for as long as you can.......why I'm not sure because this is so much easier!
So many positives:
-I get more dishwasher space. No more rack containers for lids. And I had to have TWO!
Less washing!
-I don't have to search for cups all over the house. And sometimes for days. 1 cup still MIA!
(Searching for cups meant searching for 4 cups. I was weird about their cups. They each had a
cup that only OJ or milk went in. And then a cup strictly for water. So 4 cups daily.)
My job just got easier!!!
-This is the BIG one........they get to feel and be a BIG boy!
I think the last is the most important one and yet the hardest to deal with.
Day 3........little babies are gone.

No comments: