Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gumbo?!

Yes the little Fontenot boys are now eating GUMBO! Brant has been making it forever and since they were young enough to eat(table food) we have offered it to them.
Over the weekend Brant made his, oh so rich, chicken and sausage gumbo. It was dinner time and I had made the boys a plate of "kid" food. I then sat down at the table with my bowl of gumbo.
Matthew ask for a bowl. Reluctantly I made him a small bowl. He LOVED it! Ryan then decides he wants to try it. He tasted this delightfully warm soup-like dish and also wanted some.
After Matthew had his 3 bowls and Ryan his 2, I was finally able to finish my 1 bowl.
They both like somewhat spicy foods and now the gumbo! Maybe they have a little bit of Cajun in them after all. Regardless it sure made us happy that they LOVED Daddy's gumbo.
AYEEEEE.....Les bons temps a' la Maison de Fontenot!

No comments: