Wednesday, August 11, 2010

NOT back to school-Our school room

This week on the NOT Back to School Blog Hop it's School Room Week!

Our school room is also our dining room.  I wasn't sure I would like it this way, but the space is great!
There are a few other little things I would like to do, but for the most part it is complete and we are set to begin our first year of homeschooling!!!!!!!
So check out our room.

Here is where we will do some of our school work.  We are big on nature so the great outdoors will also be our classroom.  Can't wait for FALL!!!!!


Here is my desk and a bookshelf with books for the boys.  The bookshelf is really too small for the amount of books we have so we store most in another room.  These are free time books.   We'll eventually have to buy something new and much bigger.


Poster/learning wall  and bins with all kinds of fun stuff to do. The posters will change frequently I am sure as the boys learn.  And I think it will keep things more interesting for them anyway.  The little purple chest is also filled with free time stuff........paper, tablets, coloring books, colors, etc.  I have an artist in the house so these supplies are replaced often. 



Because I already know the boys learn very differently I set these bins up for continued learning while the other might be finishing up school work.  Of course they will be free to use all this stuff even when we are not having school. 



                                 

Here is the bulletin board you saw in the picture with the table.  Don't you like my homemade border?! 
We are using My Father's World curriculum and I made copies of all the lesson themes and glued them to the green 99 cent border.  The boys will have fun finding each week's theme.  Anyway this bulletin board holds all the things we will do first thing each morning.  The rules, weather, important numbers, address and learning today, tomorrow and yesterday(courtesy of http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/).

 

And then there is our supply closet.  I worked with what I had or could buy at a reasonable price to turn this coat closet into our school supply closet.  I love that it holds everything we will need(for now)to begin kindergarten.  As you can see it is pretty full, but I do have a little room where shelves could be added.........hint-hint honey :)

So that is our room.  If you want to see more homeschool rooms HOP on over to
I am heading there now to get some more great ideas!!!

7 comments:

Tezra said...

What a beautiful setup you have! Everything looks so neat and orderly ~ makes me feel like our home is chaos :)

Denise said...

Love your room~ I really love the color! I am now following your blog and look forward to reading your posts.

Janet said...

Tasha, you are awesome!
You truly have done a great job!!!
Your boys are blessed to have such a dedicated (and organized!) Momma!

Amanda American Girl said...

very neat, good luck on your first year of homeschooling

Nicole said...

Ooh, I love the little accents of bright colors- the red book case and purple chest. How fun is that?!

It looks so organized and beautiful!

Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a wonderful school year!

Mama said...

Looks great! Puts mine to shame ha!!
Your wall color is very similar to our master bedroom's. I love it!

Anna P said...

Beautiful! You did a great job! I love the 3 baskets on the little bench. Thanks for sharing!