Tuesday, August 10, 2010

School lunches

I don't know about you, but lunch never goes well around here. Breakfast happens without a second thought.  By 9:30 everyone has had breakfast and the day is off and running. 
The morning really gets busy.....I get into house stuff, computer stuff, school stuff meanwhile the boys play, fight, play some more and then YIKES!  It's lunch time.
With school starting soon it is so important I have a game plan.  Otherwise hungry boys=MELTDOWNS!  Our mornings will be filled with lessons, crafts, outside adventures, more lessons and so and so forth.
Since I am unsure of how timing will go with our days I need to make sure lunch is a breeze.  Easy, simple, quick!
Well I came across a pretty cute idea and I am going to try it!  Muffin tin meals.  Check out this huge craze of Muffin Tin Mom.  Not just for homeschoolers either!
http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/
One of the boys' favorite types of lunch is lots of little things on a big tray.  Veggies, fruit, crackers, cheese,  deli meats, ranch dip, cut-up granola bites maybe a cookie or brownie. The list goes on and on.
The muffin tin will hold all that.  And the ideas are endless.
This is the best idea I have seen in a while and I think they will LOVE it!
So I am off to search for muffin tins.  I do not need brand new ones. And maybe even some cute ones.  The boys are still young enough for cute.  And cupcake liners are a great option to avoid washer daily. 
So I think I have school lunches figured out.

No comments: