Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BOYS!

I feel an ER visit coming in our near future.  I have one word for you..........BOYS!
I knew this day was coming.  Yep, he is out of the fort and sitting on top of the frame for the swings.
This is after he got in trouble today for CUTTING his shorts.  He thought they needed a little fringe. I found him sitting on the scissors totally clueless of the danger. 
And in case you are wondering I have taken the scissors away.  I tried to have all tools out and allow the boys to be able to create, but Matthew is too creative sometimes.  They are on a high shelf, safely in the school closet.

 This evening I caught them playing with pencils as swords.  Sharpened pencils!!!! 
And yesterday while playing with a tripod Ryan knocked his tooth out. 


They are fearless!  Rough and tough! Loud and CRAZY!  Constantly moving. They rarely tire out and have more energy than I could ever dream of! They are curious beyond their own good.  And must touch, feel and poke at everything. Sometimes lick and taste!  Put them outside and there is nothing clean about them.  Being dirty just makes it that much more fun.  And you know what?  I think I like them this way.  That is exactly how five year boys should be! OK maybe not so dangerous at times, but they are BOYS!  It's hard to take that out of a boy!

No comments: