Thursday, November 18, 2010

D is for DINOSAUR



BIG and small, God made them all.  Including those dirty little hands and fingernails!
This has been a fun week for the boys.  They already had so many dinosaurs and books about dinosaurs we did not have to do much to prepare.
We read all kinds of dino books.  Some we do not agree with and others that were just plain FUN dino books. What I thought was funny is that the boys could pronounce some of the dinosaurs that I had trouble with.  I was asking five year olds how to help me with the dino names.  You gotta love Dinosaur Train!

Yesterday we went outside and measured 110 feet.  This is how long one of the largest dinosaurs, the Ultrasaurus, "probably" was.
Brant and the boys are way off in the instance.  They were 110 feet from me.  WOW!  That would have been one BIG terrible lizard.  "Terrible lizard" is what dinosaur means if you did not know.  I did not.

Today we made these cute little dinosaur finger puppets.  OK let me rephrase that......Today I made these cute little dinosaur finger puppets.  You know some times it is just easier to do certain things.  They did the coloring, I did the rest.

These were a hit!  Matthew even made backgrounds for their dino puppets.  He thinks of everything and is so creative!

                                                               See the volcano!

Tomorrow will be a short day and we will finish out our DINO week.
Then we will take next week off for Thanksgiving.  Learning will still happen as I always try to teach some sort of lesson with everyday life.  Next week is sure to bring plenty of crafts......Matthew has been planning decorations for Thanksgiving day since last week! 
I love his spirit for creating.  And I love Ryan's spirit of supervising......or playing with cars.
It will be nice to have a break from school for a week.  It is week 10 and I am ready!
D is also for dismiss.  Only for a week and we will be ready to get back in the swing of things.
D is for DINOSAUR!  And BIG and small, GOD made them all.

2 comments:

dew said...

snort! I love Ryan's supervising...or playing with cars! that is SO Todd! I needed that laugh tonight. :o) Hope you're feeling better.

Blissful & Domestic said...

Those look like so much fun. I love the dino puppets and the dirty hands holding them are just so precious. I know when Miss Priss and Bubba get messy their is part of me that just laughs and says "whatever their kids"a nd then another part of me that can't wait for the fresh otu of the bath smell I know they will have before bed time. SO wonderful!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving