Thursday, December 30, 2010

Barbies for BOYS!

The boys had gift cards to use from Cabela's so yesterday we were off to do some shopping.  They have looked in the toy section for years, but we have never bought anything. To be honest it is way too expensive a store for us so this was indeed a treat for the boys. They knew exactly what they wanted and it was a great buy!  Thanks Mimi and Pawpaw!!!



From the time we got home and unwrapped their gifts they played.  And played!  I mean played all day long and into the evening only stopping to eat dinner and then back to playing again. I don't even think they ever ate lunch yesterday.  Their choice of where to play some how ended up in our room on our bed so we were booted out of our room most of the day.  At bedtime we carefully moved the setup to the ironing board to have ready for this morning.  And yes they are back at it again!
As I watch them play I think back to me and my sisters playing with all our Barbies and the many things that went along with Barbie.  These sets are very similar.  I can hear them making up scenarios for their hunters and the animals that go along with them. I love their imaginations!
Ryan's hunter is Mac and his dog is Daisy.  He is a duck hunter.  Matthew's hunter is Scott and his dog is Mac.  He is a deer hunter and a fishermen. Mac, the hunter, sleeps in his truck while Scott sleeps in his tent.



These are rugged, manly toys and perfect for our BOYS! They love them! There are other sets that go along with these so I can see future gifts coming to our home.  Barbies for BOYS!

No comments: