Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Life without the Internet

Where do I begin?!  It is like a bad dream as I think back now to what occurred.  All because we wanted to get rid of our land line that rarely gets used.  I remember my conversation well as I told the "customer service" rep we wanted to drop our land line and keep only internet.  In our area now you do not need a land line to have internet so this was perfect for us.  What on earth were we thinking?!?!
Sometimes it really is better to just leave things as they are.
We seem to always run into some sort of problems with stuff like this.  It then turns into a big mess and we have to clean it all up. The type of person I am I always wonder what God is trying to teach me in these types of situations.  And I still have yet to figure this one out.
Long story short..........she(the "customer service rep)claimed she could do it and boy did she do it!  Instead of a "flip of the switch" she cut off everything we had!   She had no clue what to do so that was the easiest fix.  She cut everything off and opened up new accounts.  And I feel pretty sure a new account meant money in her pocket.
BUT today I finally was able to activate our new internet and it worked!!!  Internet came on....my cell went off!!! All related to the fiasco of dropping our land line.
Soooooo now you see why I have been absent from my blog.  You don't realize how much you rely on the internet until you don't have it. It was strange without the internet.  Oh sure I could check emails from my phone, but it is just to hard for me to surf the net on that little screen.  I missed out on lots. 
I couldn't check my balance on my Starbucks card(just kidding), couldn't look up blogs I follow, couldn't read emails from my support groups for Ryan's Infantile Scoliosis, couldn't check the weather and actually had to watch TV a few times.....it was torture!!!!!  OK it was not all that bad, but I did miss it!
It drove me crazy!  I love to blog and could not do so with my phone.  I missed telling you about our Christmas week.  I missed telling you about my family coming and going.  I missed telling you about my mad dash through Walmart for eggnog on Christmas Eve(you must have eggnog on Christmas Eve!).  I missed telling you about the Star Wars Christmas we had.  I missed telling you about the FUN party we had on Christmas Eve.  And the crazy fun idea my older sister had with giving everyone Tervis Tumblers!  And so much more.  It is all over now and too late to go back and relive it all so I will just post some pictures of our fun times.  Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!  I look forward to getting back in the swing of blogging and of course a NEW YEAR just days away.
Grams with the boys one night in the fort trying to stay warm.

Christmas Eve

Brant's ugly Christmas sweater had him acting SILLY!



Cheering with our Tervis Tumblers....drinking Muscadine wine.


After drinking muscadine wine!
 
And I saved the best for last.  This is my favorite picture from Christmas. The one gift they wanted so bad!   They played with their Star Wars Clone Trooper blasters ALL day.  Literally!
Star Wars Christmas

P.S. My cell is back on and working!  All is happy this evening.  Funny side note.......the company that did all this called me this afternoon thinking I was a new customer.  He called to make sure all was up and working well.  Poor guy........I wasn't a total jerk, but he did get an ear full!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! Have missed hearing from you ♥ those kinds of troubles can be such a pain...