Monday, January 3, 2011

Muffin Tin Breakfast

WOW our pantry sure was bare!  I tried really hard to make this Muffin Tin Monday work.  The theme was food picks, skewers or kabobs, but I didn't do so well with all that.  We started back to school today so I did allow the boys to have it at the table while I read to them.  Never again!!!
BTW-are there any moms of twin BOYS that homeschool out there?  Specifically moms that started this young......they are 5 1/2.  I would love to talk to YOU!
Anyway back to our Muffin Tin Breakfast.........they loved it as usual!  And it is such an easy and fun way for my boys to eat.  Here is what I came up with out of our empty pantry.

Granola bars on toothpicks, peanut butter crackers, Cheerios on toothpicks(they had fun trying to get them on the toothpick!), almonds, sunflower seeds, peaches, pears, cherries and milk.  I did not have "food picks" and to be honest I didn't know they made stuff like that for food.  Us simple folks just use a toothpick :)!

Since we will be home now on Mondays to participant I will make a point of being more prepared. Head on over to Muffin Tin Mom and check out all the other great ideas for Muffin Tin Monday.

8 comments:

Robbins Zoo said...

Looks good to me. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I didn't have picks either. The breakfast looks yummy. I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

SnoopyGirl said...

Stopping by to wish you a Happy Muffin Tin Monday!

kewkew said...

I didn't have picks either, and I didn't think I should use toothpicks (my girls are 2 1/2 and almost 4) Now I wish I had though. Your breakfast tin looks great. Great scrounching.
Have a blessed new year.
Sorry, my hubby has twins, but they are girls, are 17, and live with their mom.

Melissa said...

Looks delicious and nutritious! I must make a breakfast tin for my Reedlets soon. I always just do lunch. Happy New Year! :o)

Ludicrous Mama said...

If there's a Dollar Tree store near you, they have packs of cheap plastic forky picks, picks with hearts, paper umbrella picks, and if you're not too picky, seasonal tic-tac-toe sets with short stubby picks! Or if there's a Daiso (WA and CA only, I'm afraid) they have $1.50 packs of bento picks and other bento supplies! Hobby Lobby, Joann's and Michaels can be good too, or party supply stores (with cupcake and cake decorating stuff!) Target had some neat ones with their holiday stuff this year (cupcake liners and picks with the holiday baking stuff, and plastic ones with the holiday party supplies!)
It's fun, but SO easy to go nuts! My husband just discovered my bead-storage box full of picks and thinks I'm crazy!

lisa9999 said...

What a great tin. I think I will do breakfast next week.

Anonymous said...

Looks so healthy Tasha ♥ and so much fun! I really want to try this when things calm down... things have been a bit hectic here kicking off this new year ♥ LOVE this idea! thanks for sharing ~ ♥ Kelsey