Friday, May 20, 2011

Healthy Banana Cookies

In my attempt to eat healthier and get rid of bananas I came across a great recipe.  I have since changed it up a bit to make it suit us......me and Brant. The boys were not crazy about these. 
First off I must tell you these are not super sweet, but they are pretty darn healthy and just the right amount of sweetness for me.  I am trying to change my thinking and taste for more natural sweetness. Now don't think I have gone too crazy and would not eat a big fat chocolate chip cookie.  Of course I would!  BUT I am trying to change my habits.  These are a good start.  And if I need a little more sweetness I'll just put a spoonful of Nutella on top((wink-wink)).

Hope you will give them a try.  And I hope you enjoy the healthiness. 

Healthy Banana Cookies

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup raw sugar
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, sugar, dates, oil, and vanilla. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.               

No comments: