Saturday, October 22, 2011

Crock Pot Turkey White Bean PUMPKIN Chili

I know what you are thinking......pumpkin in chili?  YES!!
And let me just say, don't knock it 'til you try it!

I was very skeptical at first too. I had seen several recipes around bloggy land with pumpkin in chili.....I wasn't sure what to think. It was not until a friend sent me this one and I read over the recipe that I started to have second thoughts.  I had to try it!!!

Brant was fine with it.  So I didn't tell the boys it had pumpkin in it and served them up a bowl!


I was one proud Momma with all three guys liking it and having clean bowls to prove it!!!
Not only is this a GOOD recipe you make it in the crock pot!!!!  Oh how I love using the crock pot.  Throw everything in, turn it on and walk away! 
Perfect for a busy Saturday!  And the day of a BIG game!!  GO RANGERS!!!!!
You can find the recipe HERE .

I do have to say we thought it needed LOTS more seasoning than what the recipe calls for.  We like bold flavors and this was pretty light.  So next time I will add more of the chili powder and cumin for sure!!
It is NOT spicy at all so great for children. 
I served it up with chips, cheese, sour cream, green onions and cilantro.

I hope you enjoy a bowl very soon!!!

So that is the end of my month of PUMPKIN!!!!  I hope you enjoyed all the pumpkin recipes and will try one(or all)soon.  I had FUN trying them all!!!!!

I'll take a break from pumpkin for a while, but will surely have a piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving.  November is right around the corner and that begins a month of thanksgiving for us.

What kind of madness should I prepare myself for after that?

No comments: