Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Trail Mix

Today we are headed to our 3rd Homeschool Day at The Fort Worth Zoo!!!  And a LIVE animal class too!

The boys are so excited about today.  You would think this is their first visit to the zoo.  Far from it!

It is a great zoo!  And we always have a good time.  Especially on Homeschool Day.  As you can imagine it is a learning day. 

There are zoo keepers set up at different animal exhibits to chat with all the children. 

I am usually pulled in two different directions and we move fast.  It is a BIG zoo with lots of walking around.  So the need to stay fueled up is a must for this momma of six year old twin boys!

I knew I would need something besides lunch today.  So I am making snacks to take. And I thought since I am on a PUMPKIN kick this would be the perfect time to make a pumpkin trail mix!

Check out what I used!  Keep in mind I made this for the boys(and me).  It had to have a little unhealthy in it :)



Pumpkin Trail Mix
pumpkin seeds
sunflower seeds
chocolate covered raisins
pretzels
cereal
This is a sweet and salty mix.  One of my favorites!!!! 

The pumpkin seeds are roasted and salted.  More salt with the sunflower seeds and pretzels.  Then throw in some chocolate from the covered raisins and the "Chocolate O's".  They are an organic whole grain cereal colored with real cocoa and caramel.

This will make a great snack at the zoo today!!! Thank you PUMPKIN seeds for inspiring me to make a trail mix.


I'll toss some in baggies and we are set to go.  Trail mixes are so easy!  You can add just about anything to a trail mix.  The ideas are endless!  Make one today and use PUMPKIN seeds!

Off to the Fort Worth Zoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks good! We took trail mix too and a lil punkin bread. Wish we could of seen you there. Hope ya'll had tons of fun. smiles, Angelia in TX

Marie said...

This looks so yummy!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com