Friday, December 9, 2011

Peppermint Fudge

Yesterday I was busy working on my list of goodies.  I marked off Peppermint Fudge so I thought I would share the recipe. This is SUPER sweet and makes a great gift to give to friends, teachers, co-workers or heck just keep the whole pan for the family! 

And the boys helped too!  They helped me crush the peppermint.  And loved doing it too!


Look at that face! He is really getting into it!
Making peppermint fudge is a Christmas tradition for me.  The boys will take a good portion of it to church on Sunday to share with their Sunday School class.  Although it is fun to have sweets around during December, my favorite thing to do with them is share. 

I hope you'll try it and make it part of your goodies for the Christmas season!



Peppermint Fudge
2 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
5 oz. can (2/3 c.) evaporated milk
7 oz. jar (2 c.) marshmallow creme
8 oz. almond bark
1/2 c. finely crushed peppermint candy
Red food coloring

Line 9-inch square of 9x13 inch pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan; butter foil. In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add marshmallow creme and almond bark; blend until smooth. Stir in peppermint candy. Add desired amount of red food coloring. Pour into prepared pan.
Cool to room temperature. Score fudge into 36 or 48 squares. Put crushed peppermint candy on top of fudge. Refrigerate until firm. Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil; remove foil from fudge. Using large knife, cut through scored lines. Store in refrigerator. Makes about 2 1/2 pounds.

Happy Friday!!! 

1 comment:

Blissful & Domestic said...

Tasha these look so yummy! I wish my hubby liked fudge. I may have to make this just for me:> Thanks so much for linking up and sharing. Also your tree looks so pretty in the background.