Thursday, January 5, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

One of my goals for the new year is to make more things homemade.  And that goes perfectly with living a simple life. 

I have a list of things we like or eat often that I plan to make and share over the next few months.  The very first thing on that list was Chocolate Syrup. 

The boys LOVE a glass of chocolate milk.  And I do too, but just don't drink it often. But I did today.

This syrup was so simple!!! 

It was great in milk.  And I just know it will go great with ice cream or any other dessert(cheesecake)you like chocolate syrup on.  A little goes a long way!

What I truly love about it is I know exactly what went in this syrup.  And there was nothing artificial and disgusting!!!  I am saying goodbye to Hershey's and Nesquik chocolate syrup!!!!!





Homemade Chocolate Syrup

Ingredients:
Directions-In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and cocoa powder and whisk briefly to break up any clumps. Stir in the water and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Once the mixture reaches a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla. Store in the refrigerator.

And my taste tester.........

.......he said, "Mom, it taste just like that chocolate milk with the cows on it."  I think he is referring to some organic brand.  I am taking that as a good thing!  Score homemade chocolate syrup!!!!


Enjoy the simple life!

6 comments:

Deana@CountryMommaCooks said...

I just pinned your chocolate syrup...we're trying to stay away from corn syrup so this is great! Your newest follower. Deana

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Yummy.

Following you via Freestyle Friday.

http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com/

Heather Nelsen said...

Hey Tasha! I'm looking for someone to do a February spobser swap- would that work for you?! Email me and we'll discuss further. :) Happy New Year!

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

Well it must be good, it's kid approved;p I will have to try.

Blissful & Domestic said...

Tasha you should link this up to my homemade year linky party. I will definitely be using it this year. Just pinned it!

No and Jen said...

i love this soo much! thanks for sharing! i might have to share this on my blog!

itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com