Monday, January 2, 2012

A little of this and that.....

Happy New Year family and friends!!! Hope you are ready for an amazing year ahead!

I know I am! And we are off to a good start. We started back to school today and I am pleased to say it went well for our first day back. Attitudes are a big part of homeschooling in our family. If we all start our day with a clean heart, willingness to be kind to one another, have patience and try our best to pay attention, well it goes much better.

Six and half year old twin boys can be difficult homeschooling, but the reward will be so sweet. I just keep telling myself on those bad days......it is a season in my life right now.....this too will pass.....one day.

We are excited for the new year and finishing up first grade with a BANG!

So how do you like the BLUE on my blog?!?! I figured a new year was the perfect time to go BLUE! It is my favorite color with green in close behind. Blue is popping up everywhere in our home and in my wardrobe too. Blue is so calming. Such a natural color.

In January my mind can't help but go towards brighter colors. Blues, greens, hot pinks and of course white!!!

While we are talking about blue do you remember this bench? It was on my list of projects back in the fall.

It was my grandmother's bench. Mama Flo passed away on April 18, 2011 and I inherited the bench. It needed some work done to it and as a late Christmas gift Brant rebuilt it for me. The minute I knew I was getting the bench I knew the color I would paint. So after Brant was done with the bench we started painting the very next day.
Since the picture above this room has also been painted. So without further ado here is Mama Flo's bench now.............

Isn't it amazing?!?!?!?!?! Oh I love it so!

Blue was a favorite color of Mama Flo's so I could only think blue for the bench. This is called "All That Jazz" from Lowe's. On a side note the empty frames I inherited from my other grandmother when she passed away years ago.

The wall is just about complete. I'll go check out some antique malls/flea markets to find a few plates to hang with the frames.

I love the burst of color when you enter our home now. Now all I need to do is paint this beast and these chairs(not the red desk chair). The desk will end up being a spring project, but the chairs I could easily do now. Just trying to decide on a color.....white, off-white or blue?


I have two of these chairs.

My project list for the new year is quickly growing. Just like I knew it would.

I hope to share some yeast breads I am trying this week. The boys loved the cheese bread and have requested more! I am wanting to try others so if I find some I like I will be sure to pass on the recipe.

Do you have one you love? Would you share? I am making my breads by hand right now. Still trying to decide if a bread machine is worth it.

Hope you are having a great start to 2012.

1 comment:

championm2000 said...

Oh, I love the blue on the bench!