Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Spring fever?

I am almost having spring fever!!! 

I really did not want to admit it, but with all the warmer than usual weather we have been having lately I just can't help it!

I even painted my toenails after months of no color!  Hot pink of course.

And I have been wearing flip flops off and on for a few weeks! 

I fear winter is not over though.  And don't get me wrong I would not mind another month of cold temps.  I love to stay indoors and bundle up, but having these days here and there make me almost long for spring.

Yearning for spring.........
planting a new garden, seeing flowers and green grass start to sprout, Easter, Starburst jellybeans, bright colors in clothing, bare feet, nice days to play outdoors, sushi(I love sushi better in the spring and summer!), picnics at the park, nature walks, bike rides, leaving the backdoor open, opening windows to air out the house, grilling more for supper, hanging on the patio, longer days to play outdoors.

OK OK I MUST STOP!!!!!

I just might be getting ahead of myself, but it sure is nice to think of all the amazing things that spring can bring.  And to think they are not that far away. 

I'll take our 70+ degree day today and wear my flip flops with hot pink toes.  And tomorrow I'll be just as happy to put back on my boots!  That is just how we do it in Texas!

There is a saying in Texas:  If you don’t like the weather, wait a minute and it’ll change.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I am ready too!

Unknown said...

I'm with you Tasha, I have a date with my son and our vehicles tomorrow for some car washing! We're expecting 70's here in Virginia, it's crazy!