Monday, February 27, 2012

The Cat in the Hat

"I know some good games we could play," Said the cat. "I know some new tricks," Said the Cat in the Hat.






And I had plenty of tricks for the boys when they got up this morning and walked in the dining room/school room. 
You can see that post here .

School was a little different today,
We did not do math or reading, but decided to play.
I put on my hat and sat down on the floor,
I read from a book and read some more.

We started out by reading The Cat in the Hat.   After reading we talked about being at home alone. 
Me-What would you do if The Cat in the Hat came over while me and dad were gone?
Matthew-play tennis with him.
Ryan-Punch him in the eyes and nose. 
Their answers fit them well!!!
 
After that I had made up a very simple game for the boys.....a rhyming game.
I simply cut out hats and cats using construction paper.  I then went through the Cat in the Hat book and looked for the rhyming words. 

I printed those out, cut and pasted them to front and back of the cats and hats.  Then we all sat on the floor and matched the rhyming words together.  Hat-cat, fox-box, play-day, etc. It was a HIT!!! Super easy for them, but reading the words was perfect for Ryan.  He needs the extra stuff more then Matthew.




After seeing my faceless cats Matthew decided he needed to add eyes and a mouth.  This was the perfect way to finish the cats. I planned it that way......not really, but you can.

Hope you are having a great Monday!  Come back tomorrow for some Green Eggs and Ham!!!

1 comment:

Angelia said...

lol! Punch him in the eye and nose! That cracked me up! Have a super fun week of ryhme. I love the silly, that is so great. still laughing, Angelia in TX