Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Homemade Brownies

 I'll admit I have bought them before......the box brownies.  And they are pretty good, but this are SO much better!

No box baby!!!!
A couple of years ago I found a recipe that is so easy and we love it! 

I know every single ingredient that goes into our brownies.  And best of all I make the whole thing in one bowl.

They are actually called One Bowl Brownies. 
I even ask for a specific bowl one year for Christmas just for these brownies! 

I wish I could claim this recipe as my own, but it is indeed a Baker's Chocolate recipe.  And a good one!

If you usually buy the box brownies I insist you give these a try!!!  They will not disappoint!

One Bowl Brownies

4 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Chocolate
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans(optional or never if you really love chocolate!)
HEAT oven to 350°F.
LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Spray foil with cooking spray.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and nuts; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely. Use foil handles to remove brownies from pan before cutting to serve.


Slightly crispy top and ooey gooey inside


These are even better the next day!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MMMMM brownies! I honestly think I'm going to go make some tonight now lol. I love homemade brownies, so much better than store bought in my opinion ;)

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh man these look good! Totally trying it!

Angelia said...

I am making these right now! To go with homemade strawberry ice cream for my valentines. Half the battle to make homemade is just having a good tried and true, faithful recipe to always turn to. Thank you for your one bowel brownies.....just the right recipe for my fam. I know this will be an ole faithful. The boys can not wait to enjoy these yummies Smiles, Angelia in Tx