Monday, February 6, 2012

Valetine's Day Box

Do you remember when you were in elementary school and you had to make a Valentine's Day box?

Oh I do and I always loved making my box!!!!  I can remember spending all that time making sure my box was beautiful.  You know because all my friends would surely think I was special if my box was the best!!!

Well I can't remember ever winning anything for a box.  Or if anyone ever thought I had the coolest box!  BUT I do remember how much fun I had creating a box.

So I made a special box for our school room.  I had a cute little box from Christmas....it was the perfect size!!  I didn't want shoebox size for this.  Something smaller was fine, but any size will do.
I then dug in my stash and went to town making our box. 

And here is my sweet little Valentine's Day box.  The other side says, Be Mine.



So I know you are wondering what will you do with the box???

Do you remember the Love Tree from last Valentine's Day? 
You can read about it here .
I plan to do something similar but take on a theme the ladies of my church(The Ladies of Grace)have been doing for a year or so. The theme is "One Anothering".

Do you realize there are over 100 verses in the Bible that tell us to "One Another" each other in some way, shape or form?  I didn't either until the Ladies of Grace started this theme over a year ago.

Here are just a few of my favorites:
-Learn, share and worship with one another. Acts 2:42-47
-Greet one another with a holy kiss. Romans 16:16
-Urge, warn, encourage, help and be patient with one another. 1 Thessalonians 5:14
-Gently instruct one another in kindness. 2 Timothy 2:22-26
-Mentor one another. Titus 2:1-15
-Have fellowship with one another. 1 John 1:7

I will not have 100 verses in the box, but I will have some that I can share with the boys.  And show them how we can show LOVE to others.  Because when you "one another" each other that is showing LOVE!
And for those wondering what all these verses are in the Bible(God's word!)I am sharing the link.
One Anothering Verses .

I hope I have inspired you to make a sweet box for Valentine's Day.  You could fill it with love notes to your family. Verses from the Bible, candy or anything fun that involves showing LOVE!

Most of all make it pretty and sweet. 
And then enjoy the time filling it up with ♥LOVE♥!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh what a sweet idea! Love it :) And it's so pretty!