Thursday, February 23, 2012

Robin Eggs

Spring is on my mind and entering our home.  It is warming up here in Texas and things are blooming in our yard so I just can't wait any longer.

Not only are Robin eggs an amazing shade of blue, that lovely blue happens to be one of my favorite colors.  And it is popping up all over our home!!!!!



I bought these eggs from Michael's a couple of years ago.  Just small plastic spotted eggs.  I decided I would give them a little face lift.

I used a blue craft paint from Walmart.  And absolutely love how they turned out.  I especially love how you can still see the spots on the eggs.

They add life to my hallway chest and that much needed color after this, what seems like, long winter. 

I love the season we are entering into!!!  And it will be here very soon.  I long to see the blooming trees, plants and flowers.  And my feathered friends of course.  I LOVE to bird watch!!! 

I have never seen real Robin eggs before.  So until I find a Robin's nest I will enjoy looking at mine every time I walk down the hall.
The verse on the write plate...........
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  Matthew 6:26

8 comments:

championm2000 said...

I love the color!

But I am really loving the frames! You are inspiring me to go on a funky frames hunt...

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! I love Robin Egg Blue...especially on walls. My bathrooms have always been that colour, mixed with chocolate brown. You are so creative!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

How beautiful! I really need to be more brave about bringing bright colors into my home. Saw you at Happy Hour Projects and am now a happy follower of yours!

Blissful & Domestic said...

Love it all! So pretty Tasha

Unknown said...

This is also my current favorite color, I've got a few projects I'm planning on showing off next week on my blog with this color too, isn't it pretty! I am drooling over those robin eggs though, I haven't thought of doing eggs, but they look great, good job!
-Molly
http://www.justalittlecreativity.blogspot.com

Punky Prep said...

I just posted something similar! Great minds think alike! :)

Kimberly T. said...

I love robin eggs, too! (especially the candy ones! lol) Those look great, I think I might have to make my own.

Donna said...

Beautiful eggs. I love the plate, too. Great verse.