Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine Hug and Kiss Jar

Not only do I LOVE Mason jars, but I keep most glass food jars....pickles, jams, jellies, etc. I just always think they will come in handy for something.  And I was right!!!! 

Just make sure you keep the lids too! 

This is so simple and will take you no time to make.  I think by looking at the jar it is pretty self explanatory but for those who love instruction here is what I did.

The most time consuming part was finding an old picture of the boys.  They would NOT kiss or hug each other for a new recent picture! "Boys don't do that", they said.  So I had to search through old ones......I think this may be from last year. 

I wanted everything black and white except for the hearts and the ribbon.  So I printed a black and white picture and attached it to the jar with glue dots.  I then added the stickers for "hugs and kisses".  You could easily print the words out on the computer as well.  I am just so bad with cutting a straight line so the stickers worked best for me.  I then added my hearts and ribbon! 

For the top I simply cut a circle and glued it on.  The XOs are stickers too!

After I decorated the jar I added Hershey's Hugs and Kisses and there you have it.  SO easy!!! 

I LOVE the way it turned out!!! 

Who wouldn't love a jar of hugs and kisses? Especially with a sweet picture attached to the jar!

1 comment:

Angelia said...

I just love this jar of hugs and kisses... so sweet. I love pictures of my boys hugging, treasures indeed! What a gift to have brother as best friend. This is something I will be making to share with loved ones. Have a day full of hugs and kisses Tasha! Angelia in TX