Friday, March 30, 2012

FUN Friday/It's got to be PUMPKIN!


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

We made it through another week!!!!  Don't you just love Friday? 

Even when I worked I was on a sweet natural high all day at work knowing it was Friday!!!!  I always made sure it was a FUN day even if it was stressful...I was in banking.  You know it really is all about attitude.  You can make your day go however YOU decide it will go.

You can either let little things get to you and ruin an awesome day or let them go and move on!!!  And wearing a SMILE always helps me.  Sometimes it hurts to smile all the time, but it reminds me to put on a good attitude.  And I love to smile at people when they are not expecting it. 

So what do you have planned for your Friday?  Your weekend?

We are off from school today.  Only because we did five days of work in four days so we can go to the ZOO today.  I am not real excited about going, BUT I will make the best of it.  I do love the zoo.  And the Fort Worth Zoo is really GREAT!!!

But I have been a zillion times.  And I will go again today.  Who knows maybe I will see something new!

Fridays are always FUN because you know you get two more days to enjoy!

Tomorrow I have a shopping date with little ol me.  There are two special boys who will be turning
seven in a few weeks.  They wanted to a have a party with friends this year so I am in full blown party mode!!  The invitations were sent out yesterday!!!  No turning back now!!!!  Shopping of any kind is always FUN!!!

I'll share more about the boys Old Fashioned Backyard Party in the weeks to come.

And speaking of FUN!!!  Who doesn't get a kick out of watching things grow????? Anyone...........I'm waiting.....Oh maybe that is just me.  Well humor me today.  Remember the plant that started growing near the cucumber garden bed?  Remember we were not sure if it was cucumber or pumpkin?  Well it has to be pumpkin because our cucumbers have never been this big.  These pictures below show how it had grown from February to March.


Now check it out today!

It is HUGE!!!!!  There are big yellow flowers all underneath.  And more plants sprouting up from the ground.


Now this is FUN!!!!  I know I am such a dork, but I am giddy with excitement to have PUMPKINS growing!!!  I had always thought what fun it would be to grow pumpkins.  I remember asking Brant about them and he shrugged it off.  Well look what we have now.  This is so much FUN to watch!

I am done now.....thanks for humoring me today about my pumpkins. 

So what is on your Friday agenda for FUN?  Outdoor plans?  Planting something?  Bikes rides, a park visit, reading a book in the sun?

Whatever it is get OUTSIDE and have some FUN!!!!! 

~You can learn more about the pumpkin and how it all started here and here .~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fridays are a bright spot right now because my due date is on a friday and every friday I am closer to that day ♥ 11 weeks today! Enjoy the Zoo ~ you are so lucky to be near such a fun adventure!!!

Renee, Lindsey, and Lauren Fontenot said...

Have fun at the zoo!!!