Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The RIDE...being a parent.



If you are a parent you will understand my analogy here....being a parent is like a never ending roller coaster ride!!!  True?

Since my sweet boys will turn SEVEN tomorrow I thought I would share my thoughts on those days just before they were born and there after.

I can remember wanting to get on the ride so bad.  And there were times we thought the ride would never begin!  But boy oh boy when it did.......WEEEEEEEEEE and WOOOOOW! 

This is some kind of ride.

Yep, that is me preparing for the ride.  Me and my basketball belly.  I was either on my way to the doctor or had just come back.  It was a Thursday and if the boys were not born by the next Thursday she would induce.  They were born four days later on Monday. 

My hair was a mess!!  I needed a color and trim something awful!!!  But cut me some slack.  I had been on bedrest for 3 months(1 at home and 2 in the hospital)there was just not time for beauty in my life. 

I like to think God was preparing me for the "no make-up/don't wash your hair" days I am living out right now!  And by the way.....I LOVE THEM!!!  (on a side note.....see the gray-purple walls I have told you about before?)
Anyway so back to becoming a parent and this roller coaster ride........
The ride brings so many emotions.  You are so excited to start the ride.  The build up is more than you can take.  You hear the bell for the ride to begin and BAM!!!!.....off you go in that little car and the emotions begin.

LOVE, happy tears, LOTS of smiles, hugs, kisses, more LOVE and tears, then heart ache, disappointment, anger, kisses, LOVE, forgiveness, MORE smiles, hugs and kisses, scary feelings every once in while, more tears...both happy and sad, helplessness, those "what do I do now" moments, LOVE, hugs, LOVE, hugs and more of all this over and over again.
And over and over again!!!!  And the ride continues and the LOVE never ends!!!!!!!  NEVER!!!!

Picture below....that is me again.  Early in the morning at the hospital.  My water broke at home and we left for the hospital.  Well we left after I finally got Brant up and he made himself some coffee. And I think I fed the dog.  But we made it!!! 

We were next in line to get on the ride., but my fairy tale vision of bringing them into the world did not come true. 

Fairytale vision-me with makeup on and hair done looking all fresh and pretty.....nope didn't happen.

I did though shave my legs and had a great pedicure the night before. I was still working hard to keep up some kind of beauty regimen!!  When you are 36 weeks pregnant with twins you never know when the ride will begin and you must do whatever you can to look pretty.  Not sure why I was worried so much about my toes.....I could barely see them!

Back to the RIDE!!!!
At this point I was not in major pain.........not YET!   If I had been in major pain, believe me there would not be a picture!!!!
The pain did become more than I could bare and that big needle was inserted into my back.  Thank God for modern medicine!!!!

I eventually was wheeled back to a room. 

In the room: yours truly of course, Brant, "a" doctor(not mine..she was out of town! Do you think I cared?!  Not for a minute.)and two nurses.

And the RIDE began!!!!!!!!

A little over an hour later we welcomed two beautiful baby boys into this world.  And thus our world was turned upside and all around.


Making this the ride of my life!!!!  The very best ride!!!  A ride full of blessings that NEVER end!

Come back tomorrow for Part 2 of The RIDE...Matthew and Ryan turn SEVEN!


***And for those wondering***
They were born 12 minutes apart.....I had a little break between pushing.
Ryan:
Weight-5lbs. 4oz.
Length-17 3/4 in. 

Matthew:
Weight-4lbs. 15 oz.
Length-17 1/2 in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a ride!!! Buckle up!
P.s. still have those suitcases??

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love this post!! I think you look awesome in those pictures, especially for being preggers with twins! :) And what beautiful babies they were!

I'm doing my best to get caught up on comments sorry! I'm a bit behind hehe

Brandi