Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Jar Memories-Granny Snacks

And so it begins.........


Let the Christmas Jar Memories begin!!!!  Well they started before December ever arrived!  Actually on Thursday night, everyone was begging for them NOW!!!  So I did what any mom would do and went ahead and pulled it from the jar.


This is a recipe I learned about from a friend back in Fort Worth. From the first time we tried them we knew it was a keeper for the holidays!!!  I have seen this on the Kroger brand box of saltine crackers too.  They call them cracker chocolate candy or something or another.  So you could call them cracker candy, Granny snacks or like another friend calls them, Christmas Crack.  They are so good you will not want to stop eating them!!!

Butter, brown sugar, a bag of chocolate chips, pecans and crackers. That is it!  Super easy, but oh so good!!!! The recipe calls for saltine crackers, but on Thursday I was almost out so I used saltines and Ritz. 

Look at that buttery brown sugar goodness on the bottom!


Brant prefers the Ritz, I prefer the saltines.  But really let's be honest here.  Anything with two sticks of melted butter and brown sugar topped with chocolate chips and pecans would taste great!!!

I would eat that on a warmed up piece of cardboard!!!

So here is the SUPER EASY recipe.

Granny Snacks
Saltine crackers
1 cup of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 bag of chocolate chips (this time I did not use the whole bag)
1 cup chopped pecans (a used very little....I think my taste buds are changing!)

Preheat over to 400. Line a cookie sheet with foil.  Spray with Pam or any cooking spray.  Line foil pan with crackers.

Melt butter with the brown sugar.  Bring to boil and stir for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers and spread.  Put in oven for 5 minutes. Take out and pour chocolate chips over crackers. Let melt and spread.  A rubber spatula works best for me. Sprinkle pecans. Freeze and break apart. I keep them in the fridge.

It is our first batch, but I am sure we will make them again before December is over.  Hope you make some soon! 

No comments: