Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hairy Green Supreme

Yep, it's that time again!  Time for the green smoothies! When I drink green smoothies these take the place of one, maybe two meals a day.  I still eat real food!!! Real meals and real snacks! For me they are simply a quick, healthy meal replacement. I love smoothies in general, but green smoothies are so good!  And for a few good reasons.

1. They are pretty darn healthy.
2. They fill me up!
3. LOVE the color.
4. And for FUN I like to gross the boys out! 

GREEN is good!
I usually do not start on my green smoothie kick until the weather is warmer.  And since it feels like SPRING in SE Texas I am enjoying the green stuff. This is my favorite!



THE HAIRY GREEN SUPREME

3 handfuls of Baby Spinach(you can start out with less)

1 Kiwi-HAIRY skin and all!

1 cup pineapple

1 frozen banana

2 cups water
 
**You can always add ice if your fruit is not frozen. 
And add honey to make it a tad sweeter if you like.**
 
 
Are you a green smoothie lover?  What is your favorite? 
 
(Valentine's Day Smoothie coming soon!)
 

3 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I am not a green smoothie lover, but I could become one with this! It looks good to me, but I was wondering if I could use frozen chopped spinach? I have a bag in my freezer that I don't know what to do with! I have never used kiwis with the skin on either. Does it blend up pretty well?

Tasha said...

I don't see why you could not use frozen, but is it BABY spinach? Baby spinach has a MUCH milder taste.I remember buying a ton of fresh spinach (NOT baby) once when it was on sale and it was SO strong. So beware. I have a Kitchen Aid blender and it works great with skins.....even apples. I blend on the "puree" or liquefy" setting.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

So THIS is why you call it hairy :) haha! I love it! I've never used kiwis in smoothies; I'll have to try that.

I, too, love green smoothies. No particular blend of fruit because I normally don't ever do the same thing twice. I'm always adding things that I think are about to go bad lol