Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie

This is a new favorite for me (and Matthew!) and full of good stuff!  Perfect for a quick breakfast, mid-morning snack or lunch.

It is great for a post workout breakfast when you need to refuel fast!  Lots of protein from the PB.


Super easy too!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
-1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal-I use the old fashion kind, but I am sure quick oats would be fine.
-1/2 milk, almond milk, soy milk, goat's milk or whatever kind of milk you drink.
-3 tablespoons peanut butter or any nut/fake nut spread you love.
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-half to one cup ice

Blend and suck the glass dry!

**Notes: I added a frozen banana one day and it was great.  One morning I made it for Matthew and added a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt.  He loved it!  You can also add 1-2 tablespoons chocolate syrup if you like. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

This is the second smoothie I've pinned this morning! Looks wonderful!!!

Heather Nelsen said...

I've never put oatmeal in my smoothies... this sounds delicious!