Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Starbuffs" Shake

Today I finished day 8 of the 30 Day Shred.



 Jillian is kicking my butt!  In a good way and I must say I am loving this workout! It is the first real workout I have done in years.  The pain is a good pain.  And I am finally able to walk and move around without thinking my legs will give out.  If you are looking for something different and are up for a challenge I encourage you to give it a try.  I started with Level 1 and am trying to decide if I'll continue on this level for 30 days.  Things are getting easier and I know from working out when things get comfortable it is time to move ahead...to challenge yourself.  We'll see what happens.

I prefer to do my workout first thing in the morning.  After the 30 Day Shred I walk for 30 minutes as well. I know good and well if it does not get done first thing in the morning it is not going to happen.  I am a morning person so this is what is best for me. I am pumped after a workout and walking, but extremely low on fuel!  I finish my walk everyday in hopes I can make it back home without  puking.  I am generally a "breakfast before anything" kind of girl.  I also am a "coffee before anything" kind of girl.  So how can I have them both before working out? 

Enter "Starbuffs" Shake.


And a bottle of water. 

Starbuffs Shake is simply iced coffee, with the ice and a scoop of protein powder.  This one is with vanilla protein powder.  Can't wait to try it with chocolate too.  Each day I make an extra cup or two of coffee knowing I'll save the leftover for a Starbuffs Shake.  Allow it to cool down and then place in the fridge with a lid on it.  Then it is ready for my shake.  To make the shake you pour cold coffee, ice and a scoop of protein powder into blender and blend.  Pre-workout protein and my morning coffee.  Perfect!

If I am going to eat/snack before a workout I'll do so 30-60 minutes before.  This is also great for a post-workout snack. 

Protein drinks and smoothies are a good way to get your meal on before or after exercising.  They are super easy to make and take well under five minutes.  No excuse for not fueling or refueling your body!  Come back tomorrow and I'll share a new favorite smoothie...think peanut butter or any nut spread and oatmeal.  Yes, in a smoothie. 

1 comment:

Heather Nelsen said...

You go, Tasha! I do love me some Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, but it is HARD! So impressed with you for walking afterward too! I will get back to doing those DVD's after baby comes. I'll be needing a little shredding myself! ;)